Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Miller Time?

Luckily, I'm not too dead to post this completely awesome commercial for Miller High Life beers. Although I've been a PBR drinker on the side in addition to my love of the microbrew (not to mention darker-than molasses beers), I have to hand it to Miller - these commercials are an outstanding work of art. Just don't watch them all at one sitting, they'll grate on your nerves after awhile - they are definitely meant to grab your attention from the typical broadcast programming.

Delving further, it turns out they are all the work of a certain Errol Morris, documentarian and whom I would consider a film artist (wiki agrees). It's really too bad that we don't see more commercials of this caliber, although the chaff certainly helps us know a gem when we see one.

List of all his Miller commercials here (there's a bunch!). Enjoy.




spotted at bikeportland.org

No comments: